This year’s North Shore Writers Festival on April 19th and 20th at the Lynn Valley Library is going to be — hands down — the best ever. Check out this lineup:
- Tanis Rideout, author of Above All Things, who, according to Entertainment Weekly, “has a real feel for mountaineering, and her depiction of the Everest climb pulses with visceral detail as she smartly toggles between the viewpoints of old pro Mallory and the team’s youngest member, Andrew ”Sandy” Irvine.” (A-)
- Beloved, award-winning Canlit favourite Helen Humphreys, whose new memoir Nocturne describes the death of her brother.
- Terry Fallis, whose laugh-out-loud novel, The Best Laid Plans, won the 2011 Canada Reads competition.
- Vancouver’s Poet Laureate Evelyn Lau.
- A Food Writing panel featuring Andrew Morrison from Scout Magazine, Barbara-jo McIntosh from Barbara-jo’s Books to Cooks, Mijune Pak from Follow Me Foodie, local cookbook author Stephanie Yuen and Foodology blogger Diana Chan.
- A panel on what do do after you’ve been published, featuring self-publishing phenomenon Martin Crosbie, as well as local writers Maggie Bolitho, Lynn Crymble, Sonia Haynes and Sylvia Taylor.
- The hosting talents of the always-charming and entertaining literary maestro Sean Cranbury.
- A Literary Trivia event with prizes and a cash bar.
- A wine and cheese reception with door prizes, live jazz and the announcement of this year’s North Shore Writers’ Association’s Writing Contest.