Imagine if you could cram A-list authors like Martin Amis, Margaret Atwood, Michael Chabon, Chris Cleave, Junot Diaz, Cory Doctorow, Tess Gallagher, Jian Ghomeshi, Vincent Lam, Annabel Lyon, Linden Macintyre, Louise Penny, Anne Perry and David Suzuki on an island and ask them all kinds of questions about what makes them tick.
Guess what?! You can.
But you’ll have to get your tickets fast, as this year’s Vancouver Writers Fest is sure to be one of the best-attended ever. It runs from Oct. 16-21 on Granville Island. Check out the website for information on the program, tickets, etc.
Also, you might want to consider becomming a member ($35 per year, $20 per year if you’re in a book club with at least 5 members). Benefits include:
- Earlybird ticket purchasing privileges;
- a discount on Festival tickets;
- personalized membership card;
- an invitation to a members’ reception and the 2012 Festival Reading List
- discounts at supporting bookstores (Banyen Books & Sound, Blackberry Books, 32 Books, People’s Co-op Bookstore);
- a subscription to Book News, the festival’s weekly e-newsletter and INK, the festival’s member newsletter (delivered electronically) and
- voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting.